Sunday, October 18, 2015

I feel awful today. 

That's not the kinda thing I want to drop into the cosmic puddle. To have other people get nudged by my negative ripple. 

But feeling awful led me to remembering something useful. (See? As if by magic!) 

Part of this disemboweling (that's really a word? wow.) was an epidural. Welllll I don't have any babies, so it was never a factor, but I have massaged 3000+ people and it was something I'd hear. How a nice young woman had terrible pain, post-epidural. 

So, part of the morning of surgery-when I wasn't hi-jinxing anyone I could(oh yes I did-what are you, kidding?) by asking if people bailed out on their surgery at the last minute-(and that's funny because when I'd ask that? They'd move me forward more swiftly.)

But the point (and I do have one) was I told them I was pretty afraid of this epidural thing (That was not a dramatization. I really was.) and I got a lot of extra, kind, slow, "Are you okay, Miss Farrell*?" attention. And that's one spot on my entire body that is not emitting gamma rays of horribleness on this very fine day when I am eating Starlight mints exclusively. 


Ugggh. 


And the moral here, is just tell the truth. Part Most of this cancer thing just absolutely sucks. Of this I am positive. 



I feel seriously crappy today. 








*I've never actually been 'Miss Farrell' officially but I just kinda roll with it because who cares, right? But you had to see P's face when they called HIM Mr. Farrell. 
Not good. Not good at all. 

5 comments:

  1. Hope you can sleep away some of this crudie-ness. Walk??
    What's the answer to the frog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every day I've been doing a little bit more. Took G Master G out one day much to her surprise. Drove the car. Went briefly to the Jewel. Today? Complete orifice spew. I figure all the poison's gotta come out somehow, right?

    the answer is: TOAD
    : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Toad! Fantastic! Poor Mr Farrell probably looked like he swallowed one when they called him that. He is a trooper. You are Wonderwoman!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mr. Farrell probably doesn't remember his relationship with Mr. Farrell... which one can always blame on all the trickle-down economics they did back in the 1980s. Rerun says, "Woof!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mr. Farrell probably doesn't remember his relationship with Mr. Farrell... which one can always blame on all the trickle-down economics they did back in the 1980s. Rerun says, "Woof!"

    ReplyDelete