Thursday, July 14, 2016

Thing one. People keep dying. Really, I wish I could put some sort of a stop to that, because the cancer/death stories come at me like an 'El' train gone express. A co-worker who's Mom died from colon cancer. Fast.The trainer at the gym's Dad who went in with a cancer level of 5 and 2 months later it was like 52367. A cartoonist. First, I say something like, that is some sort of horrendous nightmare you've just been through and then I let the person talk. And I shake my head. 

Thing two. I did something personally brave and heroic and that is related to my hair. (Some people take vacations. I travel through salons.) I had been going to that lady that said all those awful things, and then I couldn't get an appointment with her, so I tried one of the junior girls and while she was cutting, I got to watch The Guy. 

Oh my god The Guy. He was so into it and I was watching and thinking, I want that

So, I called and actually had to talk to the salon owner who is also the sayer of awful things and I said, hey. I'd like to try The Guy. Which turned out to be not a big thing because I'm pretty sure she doesn't recognize my name but anyway I got there and I felt really weird. 

Here's her in the front chair looking at me strangely and I just thought, okay. I'm going to go with the giant confident smile/I don't give a fiddlers f!@# combination and ya know what? The Guy? He had the most gigantic smile for the entire cut. Unrelated to her. He was just grooving on his work. I know it's weird but it felt like whoa, this is so unusually positive-I really don't even care how it comes out. I think this whole deal has been Good For Me like an overflowing bowl of King Vitamin or something. 

(Another minor cancer hair thing. I decided I cannot go and sit in a chair and have some just past high school girl spackle my head with goo while the world spins. Also the cost. Also the general annoyance.

I bought a box. It was 13 bucks. I've ceased to give a s@#$. I have Things To Do.) 


I thought this was pretty. Go figya. 

Thing Three. The gym. Well. I had decided against it. The program they were offering was something like 300 bucks and it featured visits with a nutritionist(which I just got in the cancer center for free) and massages(which are very available to me<---understatement) so I gave up on the phone tag with the Woman In Charge. 

Also-and you can call me crazy-but with all the phone tag I left a message just asking about the cost. Like, hey if you could just tell me the cost-I am familiar with the gym. And she ignored it and it just made it more annoying. Is that just me? All these tunnels we've got now-they're made for communication, no? Gaaaah. 

I tried one more time. I got this guy named Joe. And Joe wanted me to come to the gym. I mean like, he was fantastic-asking questions/answering questions and just making it work. 

It turns out there's a program for $100. It's 8 weeks. Two times a week. And they tell you what you need to do. I ran right over and signed up. And the girl that signed me up-it was a most hilarious conversation because whenever she had to use the word 'cancer', she'd whisper it. 

It was actually irritating me. Blah blah blah blah cancer blah blah blah blah cancer

P said maybe it's cuzza the HIPPA stuff but I thought it was moronic. There's a brochure in my hand and it says: cancer. I think we can all safely move forward from there. 

Duh. 

Thing Four. So my insurance is going to vaporize

What I'd like you to know about that: Ya know this Affordable Care Act? It's not for shiftless people. I have not hustled this hard since I was a janitoress(like a janitor but you have to wear a bra)one summer during college when my sweat went through my underwear before lunch. A Team of 4 cleaned an entire 3 level elementary school. I played the role of The Only Girl. 

Driving one of those floor waxers like the badass you know I am. 

I read about this insurance thing on Facebook on Tuesday. Ya know, there have been so many sort of waves of drama with this cancer experience-I can't really even take more of this stuff in. So, we'll wait and see what happens next. 

One strange thing-I got a call on Wednesday morning and some $1400 blood test had been approved by this insurance company and you can believe I got my arse over there before anyone changed their minds. 

Thing Five. Some friends and I are going to do this. Ya know, I looked at it and thought, I'll just watch this time and maybe I'll do it next year but Thing One. People keep dying. 

King Vitamin. Have breakfast with the king. 



No comments:

Post a Comment